Vacancy Sales Manager
The Hand is an industry-leading boutique for luxury men’s shoes. We are growing our small team, as our family business is moving from start-up to scale-up. The Hand features iconic shoes of superior quality, handmade by the world’s most distinguished craftspeople of Edward Green, Norman Vilalta and Gaziano & Girling, amongst others. The Hand serves a niche segment; our clientele values top quality products and makes sustainable choices. Based in Amsterdam, we serve clients globally via digital channels, locally in our Boutique, and on location.
We are looking for an enthusiastic sales manager who will assist our clients in finding the perfect pair of shoes. Empathic and likeable, our sales manager can relate to our clients, understand their needs and desires, and find the right solution for every occasion. The Hand offers white-glove service, and this needs to come naturally to any member of our team. Our sales manager has (or is willing to gain) extensive technical skills and deep knowledge about shoes and shoemaking.
On a typical day, The Hand’s sales manager starts on video calls with international clients in the morning. Then, (s)he prepares packages for shipment and ensures the Boutique is organised well and looks great. In the afternoon, (s)he advises clients in-store.
The Sales Managers tasks include:
- Advise clients on our ready-to-wear collection: assist them in finding suitable models and sizes for their feet, and inspire them on how to wear their new pair.
- Support the founder with key clients: e.g. liaise on made-to-order or bespoke pairs with shoemakers.
- Proactively generate and manage leads and update CRM with calls and follow-ups.
- Manage the Amsterdam Boutique’s appearance: ensure everything is neat, update displays regularly, etc.
- Manage the inventory: quality checks on all incoming pairs, organise the storage, etc.
- Following digital orders, prepare clients packages for pickup in-store by DHL express.
- Manage repairs for clients via our shoemakers or local cobbler.
- Work with the management team to define customer journeys and client experience priorities through the shop, buy, and own stages.
- Provide regular advice on seasonal collection updates and procurement priorities.
- Supervise interns as required.
The ideal candidate’s profile
- You can fully understand and sell all our products and services. With your solid experience in luxury retail (sales & customer service), ideally, in shoes, you are a strong sparring partner for our clients.
- You love to sell, not for the sake of moving boxes, but to find the right match for a client and create a win-win. With that mindset, you work efficiently to meet your sales targets and KPIs.
- You understand modern omnichannel retail. You can juggle your work between serving our local clients in Amsterdam and building relations with our international client base via digital platforms.
- You live & breathe all things sartorial, but most importantly: you are crazy about shoes.
- You have excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- You are fluent in English and ideally in a second language (Dutch, German, French, Spanish).
- You are a pro-active and practical person who understands the value of the non-glamorous tasks in this position and is not afraid to dust the shelves, e.g. when needed. We’re a young business, and all sorts of small tasks will be part of your job.
- You are available full-time or for a minimum of 4 days per week, including Friday and Saturday.
- You live in the Amsterdam area or are willing to relocate at least temporarily.
What we offer
You will become part of our growing business and work with a small but dedicated team in an entrepreneurial environment. We offer lots of freedom and the opportunity to work with outstanding products, artisans and clients. Your contribution has a significant impact on the business results, and there is plenty of room for your ideas and initiative. As it’s essential for you to have deep knowledge of our products, you will have the opportunity to meet & visit our suppliers. We offer a competitive salary to match your extraordinary skill set.
Interested? Contact Eveline van de Water-Roks, Partner & Director, via email@example.com or +31655871197 or leave your message below.